The Analysis & Insights team at Operational Analysis & Performance (OAP) delivers strategic insight by first understanding business processes and then using data and analytics to drive continuous improvement efforts. The Analytics Specialist will be expected to collaborate closely with leaders to provide innovative solutions to current difficulties in the ACS field. We're searching for people that are curious about data and can interact with our business partners to help us harness data and drive improvement.
Through a range of analytical methodologies, OAP uses the Delta's data environment to provide forward-looking information to business management. You'll be able to conduct novel analysis using both structured and unstructured data, highlighting potential opportunities along the way. You'll discuss issues with ACS leaders who are responsible for maintaining a safe and efficient operation at 300+ airports on a regular basis.
The Analytics Specialist's responsibilities include:
- Find and extract data from a variety of sources for analysis, modeling, and reporting.
- To highlight business difficulties, prospective solutions, and pertinent tradeoffs, use descriptive, diagnostic, and predictive analytical tools.
- Develop analyses under the leadership of the team's senior members.
- Support ACS and cross-divisional efforts with process improvement and project management engagements.
- Inform OAP leaders of your results.
- In all operational processes and procedures, practice safety-conscious behaviors.
- Have a team-first mentality, with our team's and business partners' success as a key priority.
- Think critically, ask questions, and speak up when they have an opinion.
- Be "doers," not "worriers," and don't be afraid to fail; instead, learn from each experience and improve.
- Be self-sufficient workers who seek out challenges to solve and then come up with novel solutions.
- Make things happen without constant management direction and know when to update their manager, peers, or stakeholders on status or escalate difficulties.
- Working in a high-profile atmosphere with shifting objectives, ambiguity, and tight deadlines appeals to you.
- Diverse personalities, ideas, and styles are welcomed.
- Consistently prioritizes one's own and others' safety and security.
- Must be able to work well in both group and individual situations.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS? (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- A bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science, Information Science, Business/Management, Mathematics/Statistics, or another quantitative field is required, as well as three years of experience in analysis, information science, data visualization, or another quantitative field.
- Most, if not all, of the following will be understood or experienced by successful candidates:
- Microsoft Office is a program that allows you to create (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Power Apps, Access and Word)
- SQL, SAS, and other database interface languages and tools
- Tools for Visualization (Tableau, Power BI)
- In order to be considered for this position, you must be performing satisfactorily in your current position.
- To be considered for a U.S. based employment, you must have received or be willing to get the COVID-19 vaccine by the date of hire, if you are not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU AN EDGE IN COMPETITION? (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
- 3+ years of relevant experience and a master's degree
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative abilities; excellent ability to solicit feedback from and comprehend the needs of various stakeholders; high diplomacy and business experience
- Ability to make high-impact judgments based on quantitative and qualitative variables; superior business acumen with excellent analytical abilities and airline industry knowledge
- A proven track record of thinking outside the box and the ability to think big