As Area Manager OSP Planning and Engineering Design (Support Resource Center), you'll manage Engineering support team. In this role, you'll be responsible for directing, planning and apportioning the work of employees including interviewing, selecting and training, recommending the setting and adjusting of rates of pay and hours of work, coaching and assessing performance, disciplining and terminating and ensuring compliance with company and regulatory policy.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensures that work processes, standards and master plan are in conformance, and that schedules are adhered to.
- Reviews work orders, projects and typically has approval authority.
- Manages and controls allocation of resources and materials.
- May be responsible for managing an outside plant engineering design group.
- May be responsible for oversight of construction budget and complex project management activities.
- Present weekly readouts to leadership
Education: Typically a high school diploma, GED or equivalent related network experience; Technical degree in Math, Science or Engineering preferred. Experience: Typically at least 5+ years of network related technical experience. Strong oral and written communication skils. Strong ability to multi-task. Supervisory: Yes.
A career with us, a global leader in communications and technology, comes with big rewards. As part of our team, you’ll lead transformation surrounded by trailblazing industry leaders like you. You’ll be empowered to go above and beyond – making a difference through company-sponsored initiatives or connecting and networking through one of our many employee groups. And regardless of where you’re at in your career trajectory, you’ll be rewarded by the impact that comes with making a difference in the lives of millions. With AT&T, you’ll be a part of something greater, do incredible things and be rewarded with a chance to change the world.
This position may be responsible for contributing to AT&Ts compliance with environmental laws and regulations as applicable to its job function. This may include, but is not limited to, work related to fuel tanks, emergency and stand-by generators, boilers, hazardous waste, hazardous materials, batteries, manholes and vaults, water wells, linear and other construction projects, water discharge, or air emissions.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws
Principal Functional Skills / Competencies associated with this Title:
- Best Practices and Standards
- Business Orientation
- Capacity Planning and Management
- Construction Engineering and Technology
- Construction Management
- External Resource Management
- Network Operations
- Network Performance Management
- Project Management
- Quality Management
Job ID 2214705-5Date posted 03/15/2022