FedEx Supply Chain, a FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) subsidiary, is a leader in the third-party logistics market, with a diverse service portfolio that enables businesses to trade. FedEx Supply Chain uses a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, adopt innovative technology, and drive continuous improvement, and has a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence. FedEx Supply Chain provides leading solutions that give flexibility, enable scalability, and improve cost-effectiveness for customers by using best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network. FedEx Supply Chain manages almost 150 million deliveries and processes 358 million returns each year with more than 11,000 personnel, 130 operations, and 35 million square feet of warehouse space. Visit supplychain.fedex.com for additional information.
We already have
- FedEx has long been regarded as one of the world's most admired and trusted employers.
- A top-notch leadership team with the necessary experience to help you advance your career.
- An open mind to new ideas and methods of creativity.
- A competitive salary and benefits package, including health, vision, and dental insurance, as well as a 401(k) with a high match and other perks!
The Big Picture
To obtain and document information relating to requirements and/or software testing, the Business Applications Advisor communicates with business partners and/or IT staff. Gathers data from a variety of sources and organizes medium to high-complexity business issues independently to make recommendations. Frequently takes the lead on huge projects. Analyzes and links business processes with software deliverables. Develops and/or runs test scripts to ensure that requirements are met. In accordance with the FedEx global development process, drafts and reviews documents. Creates and/or updates a business model that matches existing business operations and policies. Input to scope and impact analysis for future deliverables is provided and/or consolidated. Mentors those in lower-level positions.
This position will be in charge of
- Manhattan WMOS WMS systems are configured by hand.
- Participate in all aspects of application and component implementation and production support in multi-technology, mission-critical systems.
- Gather information and create the most precise and efficient solution feasible.
- To eliminate risk, analyze and reengineer recurrent failing processes.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure that everyone understands the solution and that rework is kept to a minimal.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the interface's specs and configuration possibilities.
- Document needs and solutions in accordance with the SDLC process for company.
- Work with the Implementation and Program Management teams to seamlessly integrate new customer and development initiatives into day-to-day operations.
- Maintain positive working connections with coworkers, the business community, external clients, consultants, contractors, and vendors.
- Keep up with the latest warehouse execution technologies, capabilities, and trends.
- Communication abilities are excellent.
- Presentation and scorecard-making abilities
- For report development and tracking, extensive knowledge of Excel is required.
- In your day-to-day activities, use change control methodology.
- Work to build, maintain, and upgrade the supply chain strategy (methodology, procedures, standards, tools, and services).
- As needed, travel for projects
- In daily tasks, adhere to the company's vision, mission, and values. In all undertakings, adhere to the highest ethical standards.
- In support of operations under time limitations and pressure conditions, provides 24/7/365 coverage as needed via on call rotation.
- Assist with other tasks as needed.
You might be a good match if
- 8 years of relevant experience and a bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or a similar subject.
- Support or implementation experience with Manhattan WMOS WMS systems is preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate the capacity to logically work through difficulties to find solutions in order to meet contractual service level agreements for business operations.
- Ability to work successfully in distributed teams and communicate effectively to ensure that their tasks and thoughts are understood. This includes proactively delivering status updates, finding areas and possibilities for improvement, and escalating problems and issues to managers, among other things.
- Good communication skills, including technical and operational verbal and written proficiency, as well as a professional demeanor.
- It's a plus if you're familiar with enterprise hardware platforms like UNIX and/or Linux servers, as well as Oracle relational databases.
- Self-motivated, outgoing self-starter who thrives in fast-paced, dynamic surroundings and works well both independently and as part of a team.
- For application development, strong Oracle SQL skills are required.
Physical and mental requirements
- Possess the ability to adhere to policies and procedures.
- Reading, writing, and interpreting information are all skills that are required.
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division skills.
- Ability to finger, handle, or feel with one's hands.
- The ability to sit, walk, or stand for up to 8 hours per day is required.
- Visual acuity, including close, distance, and color vision, as well as depth perception and the capacity to alter focus, are required.
ADA - In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, FedEx Supply Chain will offer appropriate adjustments. Throughout the application process, reasonable accommodations are offered for qualifying individuals with disabilities.
FedEx Supply Chain is a non-discriminatory employer. We consider eligible candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected trait.
Indianapolis, Indiana; Atlanta, Georgia; Dallas, Texas; Columbus, Ohio; Memphis, Tennessee; Nashville, Tennessee