The primary purpose of this position is to proactively identify and to engage with new prospects in the Space, Defense, and Intelligence sectors in the United States, including NASA and civil space. Support the identification, creation and pursuit of new business opportunities with customers and industry partners. Supports development of responses to U.S Government requests for information and requests for proposals to win new business. Ensures continued customer awareness of our products, services, and capabilities. The position reports to the Director of Space Strategy and New Business and works collaboratively with the space, engineering and program teams, as well as other business development leads across the company.
- Support development of and execute on business development strategy in close alignment with the space line of business objectives and across matrixed engineering, program, finance, contracts and other support functions to achieve Corporate objectives and metrics
- Execute detailed campaign plans to include customer identification and engagement activities; must have or be able to develop strong customer and industry contacts within the space, defense, and intelligence customer communities, including NASA and civil space; commercial space background a plus
- Develop and manage relationships with industry partners and internal stakeholders
- Participate in the development of market objectives, strategies, goals, and plans for assigned customers and market segments
- Participate in business planning activities, to include pursue/no pursue, bid/no bid, and periodic pipeline reviews; operating plan development, bid agenda development, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme / discriminator workshops, and proposal reviews
- Lead qualification and lead generation activities for the space line of business, and manage the tracking and reporting of these leads
- Support building of a sales pipeline and working toward exceeding both personal and team sales targets
- Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
- Support development of marketing & sales and technical presentations to customers, including design and technical content
- Conduct market research to support strategic pursuits
- Strong collaboration with the engineering and program teams to develop and propose solutions to meet customer needs
- Strong collaboration with the Marketing and Communications team in support of marketing and sales campaigns
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Space-related scientific areas; business or policy degree with demonstrated background in space field is acceptable.
- Up to three (3) years' experience in the space, defense, intelligence or commercial space sectors. Summer internship experience in a space industry or government organization preferred.
- Working knowledge of space capabilities, ventures and opportunities in the government and commercial space sectors
- Working knowledge of capabilities and stakeholders in the space community, such as industry players and technologies
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong collaboration and diplomacy skills, with inclusive and personable approach
- Understanding of satellite and space exploration capabilities is desired
- Ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities while meeting high-quality standards in a fast-paced environment supporting critical business development activities under tight deadlines
- Ability to work to meet deadlines (nights, weekends, and holidays at times) across multiple time zones
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently
- Ability to work with a diverse, geographically distributed team
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Experienced in the Shipley Capture Management process or similar experience/training
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Excellent listening, comprehension & interpersonal skills as responsible for daily communication via email, video and phone calls required
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication (verbal/writing), and presentation skills. Must be able to present clear and concise reports to peers, customers and executives.
- Foreign language skills are desirable. Specifically, French or German.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Excellent PC skills, specifically Office 365, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Costpoint, Deltek systems a plus
- 35% Domestic and International
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance at the Secret level required
- Active DoD security clearance preferred, at Secret or TS/SCI level
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Evaluate and provide campaign status and market updates
- Develop and present Gate Reviews to senior company leadership
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- This person must be well-organized, a self-starter and have excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Individual must have the ability to handle confidential information while exercising sound judgement and discretion.
- Individual must be able to understand complex technical issues and translate into easy-to-understand goals, objectives and plans
Nature of Contacts:
Role includes involved communication with internal and external parties on a regular basis.
- Carrying: able to carry documents and/or electronic equipment up to 20lbs/9kg.
- Lifting: able to lift documents and/or electronic equipment up to 20lbs/9kg.
- Pushing/Pulling: able to push/pull items in office areas.
- Sitting: able to sit for extended periods of time at computer and in meetings.
- Squatting/Kneeling: able to occasionally squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items shelved on bottom shelves.
- Standing: able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Travel: able to travel independently and at short notice.
- Walking: able to walk through office and production areas including uneven surfaces.
Equal Opportunity: Airbus U.S. Space & Defense, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Airbus U.S. Space & Defense, Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
As a leader in our field, Airbus U.S. Space & Defense, Inc. provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
As a matter of policy, Airbus U.S. Space & Defense, Inc. does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.