The Business Intelligence Analyst works in a fast-paced, high-exposure team whose tasks include data analysis, demand modeling and research, optimization, project management, and solution design/delivery. The BI team will translate business intelligence strategy into advanced analytical experiments and models that blend data sources for creative insights into business problems and to align performance with the company’s strategic goals, detailed action plans, key performance indicators, and progress metrics.
The team also designs and deploys systems and technology to offer decision support tools that enable leaders and system practitioners to take strategic action. You must be able to design visualizations anchored in statistical best practices that support effective communication of results and key insights to internal and external customers.
- In the intermediate level (Professional 2), you will use thorough understanding of BI principles to analyze data, offer recommendations for approach to issue solving and provide recommendations for solutions to complex business challenges.
- In the senior level (Professional 3), as a subject matter expert in business intelligence, you will apply deep knowledge and utilise considerable judgement to choose the approach to unclear challenges, exercise considerable discretion to make judgements and influence across the firm.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- 2 years analytical experience or a relevant area.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a focus in mathematics, economics, finance, statistics, business, computer science, or technical/engineering, or an extra 2 years of training or experience in place of this degree.
- Detailed expertise and understanding of business intelligence functions, including analytics, data mining, reporting, report conversion, data cleansing, data modeling and relational databases.
- Advanced SQL capabilities.
- Demonstrated experience working with different data sources and data mixing.
- Adept at dashboard design, charting, and report automation.
- Experience with applied statistics and probability.
- Ability to work well with multiple, different teams.
- Data-driven attitude and a proven history of constant self-development.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.