Being a part of Air Canada means joining an iconic Canadian emblem that was recently named the greatest airline in North America. Join our varied and energetic team at the forefront of passenger aviation to take your career to new heights.
Air Canada is working hard to achieve its aim of becoming a global champion. To do so, the In-Flight Service team is looking for a Cabin Crew Manager who will be responsible for engaging, inspiring, and mentoring frontline ambassadors in the areas of customer service, operations, and safety.
The Cabin Crew Manager will demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities on the ground and onboard aircraft by directly improving the customer service experience. The goal of this position is to motivate, develop, and build cabin crew members' abilities.
Key Roles and Responsibilities: (Responsibilities, Activities, Authority levels, etc)
Leadership that Delivers
- Anticipate the demands of your staff and customers and make yourself available to meet them;
- Assist in the development of a positive and high-performing group by acting as a coach, motivating and engaging our frontline ambassadors and immediate team.
- Responsible for the administration and management of disciplinary investigations and meetings with employees, including concerns and labor relations issues;
- Perform coach rides to provide a consistent level of service;
- Act as a point of contact on focus flights and take immediate action on concerns that are within your control.
- As the principal interface/liaison between employees and the organization, serve as a subject matter expert on specific routes.
- Collaborate with the IFS training and Customer Experience teams to identify training areas that require additional attention;
- In the areas of on-board service compliance, performance management, and continuous improvement, present results and possible recommendations to management.
- To achieve excellence in the areas of safety and operational standards, manage, monitor, and coordinate numerous activities and processes.
- Assist frontline ambassadors with corporate image compliance prior to boarding and onboard the plane; inform departing cabin crew during on-board flight briefings and provide direction on product expectations and the corporate vision;
- On board and during layovers, effectively express the reasons for corporate rules, procedures, and products. Assist frontline ambassadors and the Customer Experience Team by acting as a direct link between them.
- Assist with irregular operations, STOC operations, and any other operational contingencies that Airports, government authorities, and Air Canada have specified.
- To support a 24/7 operation, you must be highly adaptable and versatile. You must be able to work shifts and adapt to changing schedules.
- Leadership, motivation, and coaching experience
- Complete the Flight Attendant training program and keep your certifications up to date.
- Interpersonal, conflict resolution, and communication abilities are all excellent (written and verbal) Intercultural awareness and competency/
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to envision and realize a goal.
- Dedicated to the customer.
- Strong analytical and creative abilities, as well as a thorough understanding of safety, service standards, and labor relations.
- Awareness of the competition.
- Dedicated to the minute details.
- Ability to work under duress, fulfill deadlines, and accomplish many goals.
- Experience in the airline or hospitality industry is a plus.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the nation of interest at the time any offer of employment is made, and candidates applying for this post are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary work permits/visas or other authorizations.
Linguistic Requirements for Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination
On the basis of equal qualifications, multilingual candidates would be given precedence.
Inclusion and Diversity
Air Canada is dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and strives to establish a healthy, accessible, and fulfilling workplace that recognizes employees' unique contributions to the company's success.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals to help us establish a diverse staff that represents the diversity of our clients and the communities in which we live and serve.
Air Canada appreciates all applicants' interest; however, only those chosen to continue in the process will be contacted.