JPMorgan Payments is the global payment processing business for JPMorgan Chase & Co. We are the world’s leading merchant acquirer with over 27 billion transactions totaling more than $1.5 trillion in 2020. We are a leading provider of payment, fraud and data security for companies large and small and capable of authorizing transactions in more than 130 currencies.
The candidate should have Payments experience as well as a good understanding of transaction processing. When evaluating changes introduced by the Payment Networks, when concerns arise, they should surface those issues, and advocate for client interests in conjunction with the Relationship Managers for the Brands. The team will be responsible for the Payment Brand Initiatives (PBI) quarterly releases across all regions (working closely with their peer who covers the international regions) and platforms. The process includes ensuring the intake of changes, assessment of business impacts, and transition of requirements to Product. The team will also work directly with the Payment Brands when clarifications are needed, and with Relationship Managers and the Brands when there are concerns with the changes and/or timing.
The team also looks to focus on continual process improvement, with an emphasis on accurate and timely implementation, and coordinates with the Payment Brands for all Release implementations. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to the program’s steering committee and will provide updates and status of PBI to key stake holders throughout the company, as well as provide regular updates to the Merchant Services’ Leadership team as appropriate.
The successful candidate will manage a team and is expected to identify, hire, and retain talent by providing regular coaching and feedback to the team. The team will consist of Acquiring Network Relationship Managers focused on the debit and acquiring only payment brands.
The core responsibilities of this position include:
- Work with Brand Relationship Managers to closely advocate for the needs of our merchants and our business (e.g., advising on rule changes/modifications, providing input to negotiate waivers)
- Partner with other managers to manage the payment brand acquiring activities across US, APAC, EU, and Canada regions.
- Maintain oversight of the quarterly PBI release projects, controls for the PBI projects, as well as the newer Helix Release build out.
- Oversee and implement new initiatives to provide additional functionality and support for clients as they relate to the Payment Networks.
- Review New Project initiatives to assess impacts for the Payment Brands or the entire PNO Team through consultation with other members of the Payment Network office.
- Partner with the PNO Analytics and Debit Processing teams to aid in implementing strategies for Debit routing.
- Lead an effective and collaborative communication culture between Merchant Services and internal JPMC Partners.
- Maintain a regular cadence with internal JPMC key stakeholders to monitor progress, ensure coordination and collaboration among teams, and identify/resolve potential issues.
- Ability to execute people manager responsibilities including developing talent, coaching, providing timely feedback, clearly communicating priorities, managing resources and supporting diversity.
- Ability to establish and maintain a proper control environment whereby policies, procedures and processes are understood by all associates and are consistently followed. Holds subordinates accountable for compliance within a controlled environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. MBA or Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years of payments experience, preferably with management and leadership roles in the payment industry
- Highly skilled in operations, project management, productivity improvement and organizational effectiveness
- Exceptional leadership acumen to build high performing teams, and attract top talent
- Strategic Thinker and a “thought leader”
- Must be able to challenge traditional thinking and champion change
- Ability to lead via influence
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across functions
- Exceptional relationship management skills and highly collaborative
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, financial and decision making skills