AT&T has an opening for a Contracts Manager in the Federal Wireline Contracts organization. Role is responsible for acting as AT&T’s primary interface to the Contracting Office (CO) of Federal Government Civilian and Defense Agencies for all negotiations, clarifications and modifications. In addition, this role works internally across Programs, Finance, Product, Security, and many other partners to ensure contractual language is understood and that negotiated items are managed appropriately and approved under AT&T policies prior to submitting offers or signing contracts.
• Creates, develops, drafts, manages, modifies and or administers customer contracts/proposals of complex scope.
• Reviews and approves contractual documents to ensure adherence to company policy, satisfaction of customer specifications and protection of the company contractual posture.
• Negotiates customer contracts.
• Provides resolution to a diverse range of complex issues.
• Provides interpretation and analysis of contract documents.
• Reviews and evaluates requests for changes in or revisions of contracts that involve technical specifications, cost, or schedule impact on the company.
• Coordinates approval of terms as required with Legal and other business entities.
• Ensures the proper execution of contract requirements, preparation of statements of work, authorization for work, completion of contracted work, etc.
• Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
• Participates in or coordinates the preparation and review of bid packages including work specifications, schedule commitments, cost objectives, and contract terms and conditions.
• Negotiates contract modifications, follow-on quotations, revisions, specifications, terms and conditions with customers.
• Uses judgment within defined practices and procedures.
• Reviews and coordinates customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for contract terms requiring review and approval by Legal and other business entities.
• Determines and develops an approach to solutions.
• Contributes to the development of organization goals and objectives.
• Experience in contract management with Federal Government required.
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Federal government contracting and acquisitions required.
• Experience in the government proposal process and working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations.
• Experience with IDIQ contracts.
• Working knowledge of the government telecommunications industry a plus.
• Prior experience with telecommunications services a plus
• Experience in preparing professional and concise emails and communication to external customers
• Prior knowledge on researching Federal procurement laws
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance