Being a part of Air Canada means joining an iconic Canadian symbol that was recently named the best airline in North America. Join our varied and energetic team at the forefront of passenger aviation to take your career to new heights.
Air Canada has introduced a completely redesigned, digital-first loyalty program that promises to develop more rewarding interactions with its customers. This investment is yet another important step in our plan to transform the company into a global powerhouse. Our mission is to promote customer loyalty by leveraging the full spectrum of our customer and loyalty data assets, providing a more relevant and personalized experience, and applying a quantitatively based understanding of the customer lifecycle and travel path to everything we do. We're searching for outstanding people that thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, highly creative, innovative, and collaborative atmosphere dedicated to realizing this vision.
Air Canada's Customer & Lifecycle Management Analytics team is in charge of developing a data and analytics strategy to support data-driven marketing activities and member lifecycle management for loyalty programs. Its main goal is to model customer and loyalty data in order to generate advanced insights that can be used across all consumer-facing channels, as well as to manage and optimize the loyalty program in order to generate additional revenue and/or save costs, for both the Air Canada commercial business and the Aeroplan loyalty program.
This position will lead workstreams that produce business solutions for boosting customer loyalty and growth utilizing big data advanced analytics tools and approaches. As a member of the Products, Marketing, and eCommerce team, this person will be in charge of developing analytical engines to drive customer targeting, segmentation, investment optimization, customer profitability (CLV), and multi-channel campaign lever optimization, all while constantly improving new and existing data sources, analytical tools, and processes. The Director, Customer & Lifecycle Management Analytics reports to the Senior Director, Customer & Loyalty Analytics and is a member of the senior leadership team. This position will lead a team of data scientists in reshaping the company's customer-centric thinking and execution.
- Implement an Advanced Analytics Practice to turn data into dollars by increasing revenue, improving performance, and changing loyalty and digital product/marketing initiatives. Customer-centric thinking and execution should be reshaped across the organization.
- Identify and build novel analytical solutions to enable personalisation efforts across consumer cohorts using data and analytics. Targeting, segmentation, offer optimization, multi-channel contact cadence, messaging, and other techniques may be used.
- To deliver effective profit-based segmentation models that reduce costs and increase margins, lead the development of complex bi-variant and multi-variant statistical approaches.
- Utilize analytics to aid in the development of next-generation loyalty programs as well as other important strategic business decisions and practices.
- Develop a consistent customer story with clear, easy-to-understand conclusions and recommendations for senior management and cross-functional working teams based on your analyses.
- Equip Air Canada with cutting-edge analytical capabilities and insights to demonstrate 'The Art of the Possible' by evaluating/developing tools, processes, or infrastructure, and supporting innovation.
- Lead the creation of advanced analytical solutions based on applied statistical techniques like regression, decision trees, cluster analysis, and attrition/retention modeling, among others. (It's best if you can apply these strategies in a retail/loyalty marketing situation.)
- Lead the production of sophisticated and comprehensive reports and analyses to guarantee that the organization's dynamic decision-making needs are satisfied.
- Maintain Air Canada's position at the forefront of new technology approaches and programs in the industry, and assess the success of these applications in a variety of CRM tactics.
- Lead a team that analyzes and manipulates massive datasets with a range of tools to identify audience groups, habits, and content performance for marketing campaigns.
- Lead a team of data scientists responsible with determining the success of digital products and changing it.
- Create, coach, and create a cross-functional team that generates actionable data for digital and loyalty product plans and marketing.
- Others on projects are supervised, including project management, business problem resolution, methodology guidance, and quality assurance of results.
- Collaborate with other Air Canada departments (e.g., product management, marketing, operations, IT, etc.)
- A master's degree in a quantitative subject (e.g., econometrics, computer science, applied statistics, operations research, etc.) or equivalent experience is necessary.
- A strong understanding of business is necessary.
- Must have at least 10 years of expertise using data to address business challenges, including regression-based predictive modeling, hypothesis testing, and other sophisticated statistical analytics.
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing highly competent data analytics teams, with skills in identifying, rewarding, and retaining top people.
- In order to make huge businesses more customer focused, tangible proof led by influence is employed to achieve attitude change.
- Strong written and vocal communication abilities, particularly the ability to convey results in a way that non-technical business partners can grasp.
- Complex algorithms are programmed in SAS, SQL, R, or Python. Coaches, trains, and supervises team members in the use of statistical methods and coding procedures.
- A thorough understanding of changing industry trends, concepts, and competitive practices that are crucial to the organization's future growth
- Effective short and long-term planning, evaluation, managing and motivating people, financial management, project, and stakeholder management are all necessary.
- Knowledge of the airline and/or travel & hospitality sector verticals, as well as related data, is preferred; financial, retail, and/or consumer behavior knowledge is also advantageous.
Air Canada's headquarters are located in either downtown Montreal, Quebec (preferred) or Toronto, Ontario.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the nation of interest at the time of any offer of employment, and candidates applying for this post are solely responsible for obtaining any necessary work permits/visas or other authorizations.
Vaccination against Covid-19 is required.
Requirements in Linguistics
On the basis of equal qualifications, multilingual candidates would be given precedence.
Inclusion and Diversity
Air Canada is dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and strives to establish a healthy, accessible, and fulfilling workplace that recognizes employees' unique contributions to the company's success.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals to help us establish a diverse staff that represents the diversity of our clients and the communities in which we live and serve.
Air Canada appreciates all applicants' interest; however, only those chosen to continue in the process will be contacted.