The Enterprise Capital Management (ECM) Business Management and Governance team includes the Finance Manager (BMG). Front-line capital-related governance, technology and business initiatives, regulatory engagement, operational risk management, internal and external audit management, and business operations are all duties of the BMG team. The Finance Manager will work in a fast-paced, demanding workplace, leading work streams on a variety of capital-related activities, including anticipated regulatory changes. This role involves collaboration and problem solving with business partners across Treasury, Technology, Finance, Compliance, and Risk.
ECM is a global team of more than 100 professionals responsible for the efficient and prudent management of the Corporation's as well as its subsidiaries' capital across the enterprise globally. ECM implements the Board’s capital management strategy
ECM works closely with lines of business manage proactively, including the creation and implementation of capital allocation processes.
In addition, ECM produces and monitors regulatory and internal economic capital metrics including capital adequacy ratios, leverage exposure and risk-weighted assets and oversees the end to end capital measurement process across the enterprise. Partnering with other control functions, ECM manages external disclosures related to capital management including 10Q, 10K, Pillar 3 disclosures and other regulatory filings. ECM interfaces with banking regulators globally on all capital related matters.
- Monitor and manage capital regulatory changes, which includes gap analysis and closing.
- Maintain Basel 3 capital regulatory requirements traceability; collaborate with technology partners to build infrastructure upgrades.
- Project manage and create content for regulatory initiatives such as the Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) and the Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB), as well as Basel IV.
- Manage the ECM controls framework and generate operational risk deliverables including the Risk and Controls Self-Assessment (RCSA), Single Process Inventory (SPI), control metrics and management dashboards
- Conduct departmental audits, SOX reviews, regulatory examinations, compliance testing, operational risk assessments, and issue resolution.
- Create processes and procedures to ensure that the Capital Management Policy and other internal policies and requirements are met.
- Carry out governance tasks in support of the Capital.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- 8+ years of experience in a large bank in a control function, regulatory, process improvement, or similar role is required.
- Regulations governing capital management are desired.
- Experience in project management with demonstrable results is a bonus.
- Strong written communication abilities, including the ability to write procedures
- Meeting management and collaboration skills that align stakeholders, build consensus, and resolve conflicts
- Creates innovative solutions for difficult challenges.
- Working knowledge of technological implementations
- Flexibility in a changing environment, ability to work on numerous high-priority projects at once
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excel and PowerPoint are two of the most used spreadsheet program.