We want to hear from you if you're trying to make a difference with your financial knowledge. UPS is looking for a Finance Specialist to execute financial analyses across several product and industry groups (e.g., client level profitability, variance comments, trend analysis, financial statement correctness, asset expenditures, etc.). Preparation of reports, graphs, charts, and written financial summaries, as well as general finance/accounting operations such as research, analysis, and the creation/processing of monthly journal entries are all tasks performed by the incumbent.
This job provides support to a specific operational group and communicates with various levels of management. In the areas of financial training, general financial statement support, client pricing efforts, GAAP, internal controls (e.g., revenue recovery, Accounts Receivables [AR], audits, billing adjustments, etc. ), forecasting, and annual budgeting, the incumbent acts as the key Finance and Accounting liaison with the Operations team.
- Produces and executes a variety of financial reports.
- Performs a variety of financial analyses, such as financial ratio and metric analysis to track profitability, natural account balances to identify cost-cutting opportunities, variance analysis of plans to identify areas where target projections are not being met, and sector/product trends for customer profitability.
- Supports requests for analysis from internal groups on a variety of topics (e.g., fixed assets, CIP, AR, inter-company charges, etc.)
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of planning tools (e.g., Khalix, etc.) For financial planning, templates and collects operating expenses from various support activities.
- Monthly and quarterly projections are updated to guarantee accuracy.
- Assists with a variety of training, including tools and approaches for planning and forecasting, systems/financial concepts, and accounting processes.
- Assists in the implementation of effective financial controls as a subject matter expert.
- Identifies revenue recovery opportunities and conducts audits to ensure contract metrics and contract compliance
- Supports the creation and documenting of policies/procedures to ensure that financial processes are consistent.
- Internal customers are contacted to obtain information and fix issues.
- Has a thorough understanding of accounting theories and principles.
- Identifies business problems that require research; sources, reviews, and summarizes pertinent information. Demonstrates attention to detail; captures and documents specific/accurate information, and keeps files structured.
- Demonstrates the ability to create simple reports and write basic queries utilizing fundamental software functionalities. detects information needed to finish reports as well as current reports produced by others
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a similar sector (or an internationally comparable degree) Experience with Financial Data Mart (FDM)
- Experience with financial systems such as Oracle Business Intelligence and Khalix, as well as Microsoft BI Tools and SQL Server, is a plus.
UPS is a non-discriminatory employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic.