As a First Commis Chef, you will be responsible to ensure all food requirements for F & B locations are prepared as per production plan and meals prepared are as per standard recopies and within HACCP guidelines to meet and exceed customer expectations.
Key accountabilities include:
- Produce meals as per the production plan, ensuring procedures are followed and all records are up to date and accurate at all times.
- Manage food stock effectively, minimize food wastage through good kitchen management processes, such as labelling and mis-en-place par levels. All stock to be rotated, dated and managed in order to reduce wastage and contribute to kitchen profitably through effective food cost control.
- Prepare and present high quality dishes within company specifications, ensure any change made to the receipts is highlighted to Senior Chefs for system update, and food quality is constantly maintained as per QDFC standard, ensure that the presentation and freshness of all food is on the highest standard at all times.
- Check the quality of raw materials being received regularly in the kitchen and highlight and quality hygiene issues to Sous Chef for further action.
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination.
- Prepare and organize all mis-en-place for all relevant menus prior to the shift start to ensure smooth operation.
- Respond positively to guest feedback/complain, understand guest expectations, brings all complaints to the attention of the senior chefs for future improvements.
- Maintain high level of cleanliness in the work area, and take care of all outlet equipment and materials.
- Perform other department duties related to your position as directed by the Head of Department.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community. Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
High school graduation with certificate in catering or professional cookery. Additional trade certificates or relevant training certificates are highly preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience and previously worked as a Commis Chef.
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English language.
- Good Working, knowledge about food and beverage production.
- Creative in craft skills with a working knowledge of food production.
- Proof of completion in a basic food hygiene course.
- Computer literate (MS Office)Cl
- Datccccccc CCCCC7-01-2cClosing Date C 27-01-2022losing Date: 2022