Do you have the desire to help others and the ability to lead from the start? Are you a person that is unflappable in any situation because of your unwavering optimism, enthusiasm, and adaptability? If that's the case, United is looking for a select few candidates who want to be a part of a winning team and redefine onboard service excellence.
As a member of the United inflight crew, you will shape the onboard experience and have the greatest impact on customer loyalty of any work group. You'll also be expected to maintain the greatest levels of safety, provide onboard service as directed, and proudly represent the United brand. One of our seven hubs may be assigned to you (Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Newark, San Francisco or Washington Dulles).
- Flexibility: Because United has the world's largest route network, our flight attendants must be available for assignments around the clock, including nights, weekends, holidays, extended hours, and on short notice. It's critical that you can work any schedule or shift.
- Ability to work as part of a group and get along with others.
- Professional appearance and grooming standards of the highest caliber.
- You must be willing to fly domestic and international routes, accept reserve assignments on short notice, and be gone from your base for days at a time.
- Dependability and punctuality are critical for keeping our timetable and keeping our promises to clients.
- Complete a six-week and a half-week safety and service training program successfully.
- United flight attendants are required to interact directly with customers, have great interpersonal skills, apply sound judgment, and settle disagreements with empathy, grace, and understanding.
- Equally important: Have fun, travel the world, meet new people, and learn about new cultures while producing unforgettable experiences for every customer, every flight, and every day!
Some Fundamental Qualifications
- At the time of application, you must be 21 years old or older.
- 2 or more years of college preferable; high school diploma or equivalent
- Customer service, hospitality, food service, aviation, safety-related roles, social service, healthcare/medical positions, or military experience are all desirable.
- Ability to use technological devices such as iPhones, iPads, desktop computers, and other similar devices to do essential duties during training and onboard the plane.
- You must have a valid U.S. passport or a foreign passport with appropriate visas and be eligible to work and travel freely inside the United States and all countries we serve.
- Second languages such as Hebrew, Hindi, Dutch, and German, as well as the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English, are a plus for language-speaking flight attendant roles.
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, bend, crouch, stretch, reach, lift heavy objects (e.g., luggage to overhead bin; raise window escape) and push and pull heavy equipment (e.g., should be able to push/pull beverage cart up to 250 lbs.) are required to help clients.
- You'll be expected to serve meals, snacks, and beverages in a compassionate and professional manner, as well as perform food and liquor transactions.
- In high-stress scenarios like airplane evacuation, security threats, delays, medical emergencies, extreme weather conditions, and turbulence, proven effective communication is critical to maintaining order.
- Pass vision, hearing, and middle ear function tests, as well as a ten-year examination of employment history, a criminal background check, a medical exam, and a drug test.
- Other job criteria are listed in the Flight Attendant job description.
What you get in exchange for giving it your all
- United is proud to provide employees with a competitive compensation package that includes industry-leading pay, outstanding benefits, and travel perks.
- Language skills, leadership roles, and overseas visits all come with extra pay.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance are all available, as well as a 401(k), vacation, and sick time.
- You, your family, and your friends have the ability to fly anywhere in the globe on stand-by.
- United provides inclusive uniform standards that allow our people to be themselves at work and recognize their uniqueness.
- For both staff and consumers, United prioritizes safety and hygiene when traveling.
- During training, United gives a per diem of $140 per week, as well as lodging, food, and lunch.
- The initial outfit and luggage can be purchased on a payment plan.
Please keep in mind that the above is not an official list of flight attendant qualifications and requirements. View the United Airlines Flight Attendant Job Description in its entirety.
The Disability Equality Index has named United as one of the "Best Places to Work" because of our commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace (DEI). Through our Eco-Skies program, we communicate our company-wide dedication to the environment. Join us on our quest to become the best airline in the world!