Position Title: IT Service Lead
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Toronto HQ OR Florenceville,NB
Grade: Grade 05
Requisition ID: 10268
Reporting to the Director IT Operations & Platform Support, the IT Service Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day service delivery of defined IT services provided by both internal and external service providers, governed through statements of work (SOWs). These address the structure of the services and the roles and responsibilities for all parties involved in performing the services. He or she owns the operational and foremost tactical service management relationship across all service lines (applications and Infrastructure) and providers.
The IT Service Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day service delivery of defined IT services provided by both internal and external service providers, governed through statements of work (SOWs), Process Interface Manuals (PIMs) and Requests for Service (RFSs). These address the structure of the services and the roles and responsibilities for all parties involved in performing the services.
In a multi-sourced environment, the IT Service Manager owns the operational and foremost tactical service management relationship across all service lines (Applications and Infrastructure) and providers.
Additionally, and in regard to ITIL, the IT Service Manager combines responsibilities of the following roles:
- Service Owner
- Service-level Manager
- IT Service-Continuity Manager
- Supplier Manager
- IT Operations Manager
It is, therefore, a role with many "hats" and carries an extensive array of responsibilities to ensure end-to-end delivery of IT services to the business.
The IT service manager maintains service delivery plans to ensure continuous alignment of services to requirements and increased predictability.
The IT Service Manager will carry the responsibility for one or more SOWs (such as infrastructure, communications, workplace, application maintenance, application development, testing or business-process outsourcing).
The IT Service Manager works closely together with the sourcing manager to integrate all towers according to their sourcing initiative (internal and contracted services) and supported by operating-level agreements (OLAs).
The IT Service Manager is focused on ensuring that the external service provider meets "specific, measurable, actionable, relevant and time-bound" (SMART) service metrics, which reflect performance measures usually focused on price and quality.
- Ensures delivery and continuity of daily operations, support, maintenance and administration for (one or more) service tower(s)
- Responsible for service delivery on projects/systems/issues of medium to high complexity
- Communicate to stakeholders the performance of the service provider
- Works on moderately complex tasks, projects, activities or support issues that require increased skill in multiple technical, social, and service environments and has expertise in at least three service tower(s)
- Actively engages the external service providers that deliver the outsourced services to ensure maximum adherence to agreed service metrics, while aiming for improvement of service and staff performance, end-user satisfaction and collaboration among service providers
- Work with internal colleagues to ensure they have the appropriate information and knowledge at hand to be successful in what they do
- Manage the implementation of SOWs and roles and responsibilities across the sourcing-management organization and suppliers.
- Monitor, report, analyze and escalate on service alignment (including service levels) with agreed SOWs.
- Review captured performance data and interact with demand management and performance management to ensure that services and levels are aligned with business requirements at a tactical level.
- Ensure service delivery meets the business requirements of the sourcing strategy (based on defined SLAs).
- Align service-delivery capacity to business demands, while managing customer satisfaction.
- Deliver a consistent process for incident and problem escalation and resolution in line with the sourcing governance framework.
- Collaborate with relationship management staff to facilitate effective issue resolution with multiple suppliers.
- Ensure execution of sourcing governance, define the process and work on continuous improvement.
- Monitor, report, analyze and escalate on day-to-day operational execution of the SOWs.
- Document the workflow and touchpoints between the various service providers in OLAs.
- Ensure service providers perform to the SLAs documented in the contract.
- Develop and maintain service-delivery plans (including budget, processes, tools, staffing and charging mechanism).
- Design an approach and a plan to manage risks in the sourcing-strategy and service-delivery plans.
- Formalize functional business requirements into service requirements, including business-side ownership of the required change management process to get requirements formalized.
- Support the setup and maintenance of a risk-mitigation plan, including improvement, prevention and repair activities.
- Support the definition and maintenance of pricing metrics and models to ensure they meet business requirements.
- Ensure service delivery meets the business requirements of the sourcing strategy.
- Implement a consistent process for incident and problem escalation and resolution in line with the sourcing governance framework.
- Document the workflow and touchpoints between the various service providers in OLAs.
- Identify all sourcing-related interactions between business and sourcing management, sourcing management and supplier/vendor, and business and supplier/vendor.
- Drive alignment of the business, IT and suppliers with sourcing objectives and the sourcing strategy.
- Continuously evaluate the performance of service providers against their SLAs and OLAs.
- Communicate to stakeholders the performance of the service provider.
- Implement and maintain the escalation process (under the sourcing governance framework)
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Knowledge of IT service processes (ITIL) and best practices.
- Strong communication and reporting skills.
- Proven troubleshooting skills.
- Strong service delivery and relationship management skills.
- Experience in driving the right behavior from service providers.
- Ability to manage risk.
- Previous service delivery/service management experience
- Mature and self-motivated professional able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Ability to relate the goals of IT service delivery to business goals.
- A focus on customer satisfaction and high-quality service delivery, with strong interpersonal skills and responsiveness.
- Adherence to IT policies and processes to ensure consistent quality of service.
- Capacity to lead by example and develop strong personnel performance goals.
- Ability to drive process improvement to continually improve service and reduce costs.
- Ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders, gain their confidence and persuade them to cooperate with initiatives where required
KEY QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or other related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- ITIL certification (preferably for service management, which implies ITIL Service Management Practitioner certification)
- Typically, has at least five to ten ears of IT work experience related to the service function in an environment similar in size and complexity
- Demonstratable and recent experience in service operations/managing an external service provider
- ITIL (service management) certification must be combined with demonstrable and recent experience in working according to ITIL Service Management processes
- Key internal relationships: Director IT Operations & Platform Support, Regional IT Teams, Global IT Teams
- Key external relationships: External vendors
- Travel: as required
Job is primarily performed in a standard office environment
The above information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The health and safety of McCain employees and their families has been our number one priority since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Supported by science, and in line with our culture and values, we believe that being vaccinated is the most effective way to protect each other, our families, our customers, and our communities. It is therefore a requirement that the successful candidate for this role be fully vaccinated and have completed the mandatory incubation period prior to the candidate’s start date with McCain, subject to reasonable accommodations if you are unable to be vaccinated for protected grounds under applicable human rights legislation (e.g. medical or religious reasons).
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Information Technology
Division: Global Technology
Department: IT Operations & Platform Support
Location(s): CA - Canada : Ontario : Toronto || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Bathurst || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Centreville || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Edmundston || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Florenceville-Bristol || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Fredericton || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Grand Falls || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Hartland || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Somerville
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)