The AT&T Global Public Sector Technology Office supports the US Federal Government and international agencies in designing, documenting, socializing, and ordering critical, full-spectrum data network services, including wireline and wireless data, cybersecurity, and managed network services.
AT&T has an opening for a Lead, Sales System Engineer 4 to support the US Federal Government. The Lead, Sales System Engineer 4 is responsible for serving as a technical leader and recognized internal expert on complex, multi-domain solutions or the business unit subject-matter expert for a key strategic line of business.
- Responsible for consulting with Federal government sales teams and customers to provide technical expertise regarding the design, customization, implementation and account management of complex products and services.
- In-depth, working knowledge of client business drivers, applications, and networking industry trends, including one of more of: wireline/wireless networks, cybersecurity, routing/switching equipment and protocols, SD-WAN, VoIP.
- Contributes to unit sales plan through pre-sales/post sales technical consulting activities.
- Designs solutions and provides technical expertise to sales presentations, product demonstrations, and installation and maintenance of company products to ensure that the system is functioning according to specifications.
- Understands, develops and delivers products/services/systems/solutions to customers business, information, technical and educational needs.
- Analyzes customer requirements and designs and implements solutions using company products and services.
- May build a prototype or proof of concept, based on customer requirements, to demonstrate feasibility of a service.
- Requires extensive knowledge of company products and services.
- Determines best approach to resolve critical issues
None required, must be able to obtain a Public Trust (#publictrust)
- 10+ years of experience in Telecommunications/Networking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external cross-functional organizations and customers.
- Highly motivated and self-directed with the ability to work well both independently and as proactive team member.
- Experience across the AT&T data, IP, and/or cybersecurity service portfolio.
- Working knowledge of Federal telecommunications and IT standards, such as FIPS 140-2, FISMA, and FedRAMP, and their application to networking services.
- Bachelors degree strongly preferred, Masters degree in a relevant area (Telecommunications, IS, Computer Science, MBA) preferred.
- 10+ years technical consulting experience.