Position Title: Manager Plant Engineering
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Grand Island
Requisition ID: 10812
- The basic purpose of this position is to effectively plan, organize, lead, and control the Engineering Department of the Grand Island plant.
- Ensure that the factory operates at the highest possible efficiency at the lowest cost, by proper selection, installation, maintenance, and modification of all equipment/machinery, and through proper training of maintenance supervisors and mechanics, while maintaining a safe and compliant environment.
- Ensure all projects meet FSQR standards
- Proactively support internal and external customers (i.e., Operations, QC, MCE, Safety, Human Resources, etc.).
- Attend required plant training programs per the training schedule. Ensure personnel is properly trained. Develop and deliver selected training programs as required.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop annual capital budget to support cost reduction and other plant goals.
- Work with finance, production, and safety to develop and provide justification for capital projects, and prepare the Requests for Capital Expenditures (RCEs) in a timely fashion.
- Manage capital projects to meet deadlines and budgets.
- Manage monthly cash flow for all plant projects
- Oversee fixed assets and direct the sale of salvage materials to get maximum dollar return.
- Maintain mandatory safety programs, such as Process Safety Management and Risk Management.
- Support plant safety programs through regular attendance at safety team meetings, training of maintenance personnel in and compliance with plant safety programs (i.e., Lock Out/Tag Out, HazCom, etc.), and elimination of identified safety hazards.
- Ensure plant compliance with environmental laws and regulations. Maintain ISO 14001 certification.
- Work proactively to be a resource to Operations, QC, Safety, MCE, and other departments, and to support plant efforts to achieve cost reduction and other goals.
- Develop and oversee the utilities budget and deliver results at or below budget.
- Track and find ways to reduce energy usage.
- Maintain and coordinate an ongoing development program for the maintenance personnel to enhance their skills, performance, and promotability.
- Manage plant engineering team.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the department.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems
Related Work Experience (Internal to the organization or external):
5 to 10 years' engineering and / or maintenance experience in the food industry.
The health and safety of McCain employees and their families has been our number one priority since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Supported by science, and in line with our culture and values, we believe that being vaccinated is the most effective way to protect each other, our families, our customers, and our communities. It is therefore a requirement that the successful candidate for this role be fully vaccinated and have completed the mandatory incubation period prior to the candidate’s start date with McCain, subject to reasonable accommodations if you are unable to be vaccinated for protected grounds under applicable human rights legislation (e.g. medical or religious reasons).
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: NA Appetizer Manufacturing
Department: Grand Island Engineering
Location(s): US - United States of America : Nebraska : Grand Island
Company: McCain Foods USA, Inc.