What is the opportunity?
The Manager, Product Control will provide quality support to various asset classes and trading strategies within Capital Markets. The Manager will perform daily mark-to-market analysis, as well as perform P&L and P&L Decomposition analysis, reconciliation, and reporting on an accurate and timely basis.
This role will liaise with Front Office, Middle Office, Information Technology, Trading Processing, Financial Control and other operating units to facilitate trading activities, daily P&L production and strategic initiatives.
What will you do?
- Accountable for the P&L production and analysis across within a platform or multiple platforms across the bank.
- Inform senior management of any irregularities that may present potential exposure to the firm
- Prepare all monthly accounting entries to the G/L and conduct reconciliations to ensure figures are properly tied back to the systems of record
- Work closely with all members of the Product Control team, providing guidance and cross training when required
- Identify opportunities to improve valuation reports and pro-actively streamline processes to improve productivity
- Perform daily PNL and Balance Sheet reconciliations to ensure figures are properly tied back to the systems of records
- Maintain a solid knowledge base of how various asset classes are handled by the Front Office systems
- Perform testing of new system update releases
- Provide information to satisfy audit requests from both internal and external auditors
- Develop an understanding of RBC operations and the functions of various business units across the firm
- Pro-actively monitor all operational issues pertaining to the trading portfolios assigned
What do you need to succeed?
- University Degree in finance, economics or other quantitative discipline
- 2+ years of Product Control or related experience
- Advanced understanding of procedures and operational controls as they relate to trading systems and workflows
- Excellent Excel skills
- Strong problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills
- Canadian Securities Course
- CFA Candidates or Charter holders
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in an agile, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- The opportunity to interface with senior level executives from many different parts of the organization
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. Details to be discussed with Hiring Manager.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.
Address: 200 Bay Street
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 02/18/2022
Platform: CFO Group
Req ID: 440176