About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Manager, Project Engineer is responsible to plan and design methods to improve production processes. Reviews existing processes and develops solutions to increase productivity or reduce costs. Ensures compliance with approved production methods and quality standards. The manager is responsible as assigned for matters related to product design and development. This includes research and development, design, improvement, problem solving and failure analysis, testing, procedures, internal correspondence and documentation, supplier interface and communication during development, project management, project budgeting and product cost tracking.
This position will be responsible for
- Manages at least 2 full time exempt direct reports. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to hiring, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, staff productivity and performance management to include disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Guide new solution design - facility, equipment and material handling.
- Resolve new customer start-up issues related to warehouse layout and equipment.
- Automate and improve facilities.
- Plan and forecast labor requirements for new customers.
- Manage product development programs/projects and ensure that cost, quality and schedule are established and maintained
- Develop test plans, conduct product testing, and create detailed test reports.
- Working with various departments across the organization to create procedures, and specifications.
- Design and evaluate new products and components.
- Investigate and introduce product improvements.
- Using sound engineering methods determine the correct functioning of mechanisms and working stress of components.
- Forecast, propose and assess new technologies and materials.
- Support strategic project and product planning efforts.
- Assist the Industrial Engineers, Quality Engineers and Sales/Marketing team with product-related projects, questions and problems.
- Assist external vendors with product-related projects, questions, and problems.
You might be a great fit if
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering and 8 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project and Access skills are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- PMP certification is highly preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Customer service driven.
- Problem solving and analytics aptitude.
- Combination of home office, and on-site work with the ability to travel up to 75% of the time throughout the United
- States and Canada (additional international travel may also be required).
- Strong team player.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 20 pounds.
This position pays $92,828.00 - $176,135.00 depending on experience.
FedEx Supply Chain offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision care coverage, retirement savings, vacation pay, holiday pay, sick time, and life insurance to eligible employees.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.