The Operations Manager is a member of the Store Management team, and as a result, achieves the company's goal of helping people on the way to a better life by driving store sales and performance while building customer loyalty at CVS / pharmacy with a focus on excellent customer service. Under the supervision of the Store Manager, the Operations Manager will maintain an engaging, productive store team with strong leadership, reflective campaign and lead role modeling.
The Operations Manager is responsible for supporting the Store Manager with complete leadership and strategic performance of the CVS / pharmacy which includes:
- Overall store management, monitoring, and policy implementation
- Sales and marketing management
- Staff recruitment, training, and development
- Financial management
- Customer service leadership
Unlike the Store Manager in the Training Center, the position of Operations Manager is not part of the CVS / Pharmacy Retail Management Development Program. Task Managers do not qualify for a direct promotion to the Store Manager. Candidates with the short-term goal of being a CVS Store Manager should instead apply to the Store Manager for Training Openness.
- Lead others and work effectively with store crews
- Supervise, assign and direct activities of the store’s crew
- Effectively communicate information to store crew and supervisors in an open and timely manner
- Support Store Manager with actions plans for operational and service improvement
2. Customer Service
- Assist customers with their questions, problems and complaints
- Promote CVS customer service culture (greet, offer help, and thank)
- Deductive reasoning ability, advanced analytical skills and computer skills.
- Advanced communication skills, leadership, supervision, and influencing skill
- Ability to work a full-time flexible schedule, including some early morning, overnight and weekend shifts, to work overtime as needed, and to respond to urgent issues at the store when they arise
CVS Health requires its Colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 10 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 45 days of your employment. In some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination before you can begin to actively work. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- Experience as a retail manager or supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent required
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.