This is a frontline manager role that supports FedEx Ground's (FXG) Safety Above All Culture and is responsible for managing specific day-to-day operations and a team of employees. Through the management of Package Handlers, responsible for guaranteeing safe and effective package sortation. The Operations Manager may also be responsible for managing administrative workers and functions, as well as ensuring that administrative processes are in accordance with FXG policies and procedures, as well as governmental legislation.
Functions That Are Required
- FXG's Safety Above All Culture is championed, and all associated efforts are supported.
- Hiring, terminations, coaching, training, recognition and rewards, performance evaluation and management, discipline, addressing employee concerns, and staff productivity are just a few of the management responsibilities (in conjunction with the linehaul department as applicable)
- Evaluates operational performance by observing it firsthand, interpreting reports, and working with others.
- Leads daily employee and/or planning meetings to ensure workforce communication and understanding of operational updates and daily goals; includes regular communication and public speaking to small and large audiences.
- Participates in the development of and is responsible for administering company employee relations strategies, including maintaining the confidence of employees.
- Assists in the creation of corporate safety plans and programs and is responsible for implementing them.
- Responsible for training new employees on job duties and performance expectations, as well as ensuring compliance with FXG policies, procedures, and other training requirements, including but not limited to training related to quality assurance, SWAK, hazardous materials, Video Event Data Recorder (VEDR) coaching, and dock safety
- Mentors and develops critical skill sets for new and/or less experienced employees.
- Bachelor's degree preferable; high school diploma or GED necessary.
- Package handler in FedEx Ground, fast-paced workplace (retail, hotel, fulfillment center, warehouse, dock, or stock room/stock operations), military experience with honorable discharge, or supervisory experience are all essential.
- Certification program or Associate's Degree in a comparable field, or 2+ years of college courses toward a degree in place of experience
- A bachelor's degree is required (preferred).
Skills, abilities, and/or licensure are required.
- Demonstrated ability to build professional rapport, effectively lead a team, and positively influence diverse groups
- Proven ability to apply sound business judgment to set and achieve goals
- Verbal and written communication skills required to communicate with various audience levels and group sizes
- Ability to effectively provide employees instruction on process and practice
- Additional Job Descriptions Sunday through Thursday, 3 a.m. to 9 a.m. is the information schedule.
% of time spent traveling for the job: 0–25%
City: Edison State: New Jersey Zip Code: 08817 Address: 25-53 Talmadge Road
FXG-US/USA/H3077/Metuchen NCPC Substation - HD FXG-US/USA/H3077/Metuchen NCPC Substation - HD
Statement on Equal Employment Opportunity
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse workforce (minorities/females/disability/veterans).