This Organization supports State and Local Governments and Education Institutions nationwide and in designing, documenting, socializing, and ordering critical, full-spectrum data network services, including wireline and wireless data, cybersecurity, and managed network services.
AT&T has an opening for a Principal Architect to support the growth and adoption of our next generation wireless services within this customer base. The Principal Architect is responsible for serving as an expert on complex, multi-domain solutions or the business unit subject-matter expert for a key strategic line of business. This position will serve as a 5G architecture and capabilities SME, evangelizing the AT&T 5G vision to Public Sector clients and leading complex non-standard solutioning.
- Delivers presentations showing the AT&T vision for client 5G adoption.
- Develops innovative 5G use cases
- Designs and develops solutions that assist customers in managing major business processes in their overall enterprise structure.
- Leads ad-hoc technical capture teams from multiple divisions to develop complex solutions.
- Collaborates and confers with the customer in the strategic design process and translates business needs into technical system solutions.
- Needs analysis and custom tailoring of solutions for customer level connectivity requirements
- Directly assists customers in the development of fully integrated systems including processors, peripherals, communications, operating systems, and applications software.
- Demonstrates technical expertise in hardware capabilities, software requirements, and systems integration.
- Develops and design specifications for products and technologies.
- Validates design proposals meet the customer’s needs. Identifies, analyzes, and evaluates alternative design solutions.
- Establishes cost and time estimates for implementation.
- Monitors the implementation for technical correctness to ensure the customer needs are met.
- Position can work from home, but must be able to attend in office meetings and travel for customer meetings and conferences
- 7+ years of experience in Telecommunications/Networking
- Proven ability to act as a consultative seller and apply technical knowledge to solving customers’ mission needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external cross-functional organizations and customers.
- Highly motivated and self-directed with the ability to work well both independently and as proactive team member.
- Experience across the telecommunications data, IP, wireless, and/or cybersecurity service portfolio.
- Proven ability to work with wide range of organizations and extended teams.
- Knowledge of mobile network standards and architectures (e.g., 3GPP) and adjacent technologies (e.g., MEC)