We're searching for a proactive and supportive team member that embodies the ILMxLAB attitude of innovation, creativity, production quality, collaboration, and love for great storytelling.
Production Assistants assist the ILMxLAB production team with administrative and project management tasks.
WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS?
- Lead daily production activities including stand-ups and scrums, assist with production duties and errands, and be the crew's go-to person for general requirements.
- Schedule internal and external meetings (off-sites, conference calls, Cinesyncs, etc. ); book resources and materials for meetings; work to gather attendees for a timely start to meetings; monitor department calendar and mitigate schedule issues
- Set up meeting and review space and equipment; troubleshoot conference room/review station difficulties to guarantee a timely start and seamless operation during the meeting or review.
- Manage physical and digital project files, equipment, and information deliveries; track and document all delivery details.
- Maintains online file repositories and ensures that reference files are structured and saved in suitable locations on the network using proper naming conventions (box.com, Google Drive, etc.)
- Under the direction of the Production Manager/Production Coordinator, keep project task boards and tracking databases up to date. Collaborate with the Production Coordinator and other production team members on note taking, distributing project information, and project research/information gathering.
- Create and maintain various production documents, such as intranet pages for departments, onboarding paperwork, training/how-to manuals, crew/client/vendor contact lists, and so on.
- When necessary, coordinate with the Art Department to order physical prints of artwork.
- Organize and submit expenditure reports for production travel. Handle purchase requests as needed, as well as basic project and xLAB studio support/requests.
- Keep the ILMxLAB space and inventory in good working order. As appropriate, collaborate with other departments to get assistance and resources.
WHAT WE'RE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR
- A bachelor's degree or comparable work experience is required.
- At least one year of professional production experience in the games, software development, feature animation, visual effects, animated television, or other relevant entertainment industries is required.
- Communication abilities that are exceptional (written, oral, and in-person)
- JIRA, Shotgrid, or similar task/bug/issue tracking software experience
- Strong computer and organizing skills
- Excellent time management skills, as well as the ability to troubleshoot and solve issues
- Ability to foresee problems or concerns
- Work in a fast-paced atmosphere while handling several projects and reaching tight deadlines.
- Must be willing to work a variety of shifts as needed.
- Professional manner and ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organization. Must be able to manage several projects, work with a variety of personalities, and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and follow-through
- Experience or interest in the production of Virtual Reality and Augmented/Mixed Reality experiences
- is a passion for Playing and creating games.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of the Industrial Light & Magic business group. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is a non-discriminatory workplace. Applicants will be considered for jobs based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap, protected veteran status, or any other factor banned by federal, state, or local law. Lucasfilm promotes a business culture in which everyone's ideas and decisions help us grow, innovate, tell the finest stories, and stay relevant in an ever-changing world. **ONLY FOR NEW HIRES IN THE UNITED STATES:** We're taking a responsible approach to building environments that enable us to do what we do best: entertain and inform millions of people all over the world. COVID-19 immunizations are necessary for current U.S. paid and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees, as part of our commitment to health and safety.