The Operations, Analysis, and Performance (OAP) team at Delta is looking for a software engineer who will lead the development of web-based intelligence, startups, and other performance-based applications. OAP leads Delta's operational intelligence with focus teams in all major areas, such as flight attendants, maintenance, airports, and weather.
As a senior engineer, you will be overseeing software development, actively developing, mentoring other developers, and often contributing to the creation of applications built and maintained by OAP. The nominee will work with the developers of the OAP team, Operations Data Science (ODS). The ODS team utilizes data scientists, development engineers, and analysts focused on developing the decision-making ability of various Delta projects through simulation, prediction, and analytics.
The right person will see for himself the development of software that focuses on the product in the group system. Successful collaboration with OAP analysts, ODS engineers, and business units throughout Delta is as important as technical knowledge or applying best practices related to Product, Git, and Scrum. The candidate must have a deep understanding of technology and knowledge to build robust, efficient, standards-based applications and processes, preferably within a distributed context. The successful candidate will contribute to the development of next-generation applications, which focus on innovation in Delta.
- Design, develop and implement software products from prototype to near-production levels
- Lead and design DevOps processes such as CI/CD, code promotion, and source control to promote high quality code
- Execute on product roadmaps in a team context
- Partner with IT and other groups, as necessary, to support deployment and downstream productionization and deployment of apps
- Provide technical leadership to Delta's business units, particularly business units that are partnered with OAP teams
- Mentor junior developers on coding, architecture, and process
- Support the product manager
- Have fun in building out impactful products!