Mayo Clinic’s tech culture is rooted in passion for technology, embraces innovative thinking and strives for high performance. Our teams drive change in health care through comprehensive connected health and digital transformation strategies.
Some examples of our major initiatives are:
Utilizing artificial intelligence and machine learning principles to develop next generation patient centric care systems
Transforming the practice by applying data science techniques to discover new approaches to health care delivery
Leveraging Enterprise Architecture to construct integration centricity, promote data liquidity, and provide innovation support
This transformation creates, connects and applies integrated knowledge to deliver the best health care, health guidance and health information to patients, customers, partners, providers, employees anywhere and anytime so the needs of the patient come first.
Why Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is the nation's best hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2020-2021) and ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. We have a vast array of opportunities ranging from Nursing, Clinical, to Finance, IT, Administrative, Research and Support Services to name a few. Across all locations, you’ll find career opportunities that support diversity, equity and inclusion. At Mayo Clinic, we invest in you with opportunities for growth and development and our benefits and compensation package are highly competitive. We invite you to be a part of our team where you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and most importantly, a life-changing career!
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional information please visit Mayo Clinic Benefits. Eligibility may vary.
Mayo Clinic is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join the Software Factory team. The Software Factory team is part of a Mayo’s partnership with Google to improve healthcare using insights gained using AI and data. Application developers need seamless access to AI, data, and knowledge to quickly build transformative solutions for our patients and the practice. A major objective of the Software Factory is to build an integrated platform that accelerates application development on the Google Cloud Platform providing its users seamless access to AI, data, and knowledge. Joining the Software Factory team will be an incredibly rewarding experience as you will become part of a team that is truly working to help
As a Senior Software Engineer you will work closely with Product Owners, Product Managers, and architects to translate requirements into code. Experience working as a full stack developer that has developed solutions using front end tools like React, Node.js, and experience with CSS and HTML is required. Experience working with Google Cloud based technologies such as Cloud SQL, Cloud Spanner, Big Query, Cloud Run, Google Kubernetes, Engine (GKE) is expected. The successful candidate should be an experienced Java and/or Python developer and have demonstrated experience with API integrations and DevOps using tools like Azure DevOps pipelines or GitHub Actions as well as work management solutions like Azure DevOps and/or Jira and Terraform Enterprise.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for ensuring all appropriate documentation of processes and source code is created and maintained. Communicates effectively with peers, leaders, and customers throughout the organization. Participate in expert level troubleshooting and resolve problems through root cause analysis, data, and system investigation. Continues to build knowledge of the organization, processes, and customers. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
• Required qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
• Have in-depth knowledge of software engineering with a minimum of 5+ yrs. of experience coding applications or services in a high-level language (C, C++, Golang, Java, C# etc.) and a basic knowledge of related fields.
• Demonstrated problem solving and time management skills.
• Possesses strong technical aptitude for designing and implementing software solutions.
• Experience with modern application development frameworks
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with Agile software development techniques.
Authorization to work and remain in the United States, without necessity for Mayo Clinic sponsorship now, or in the future (for example, be a U.S. Citizen, national, or permanent resident, refugee, or asylee). Also, Mayo Clinic does not participate in the F-1 STEM OPT extension program.
• Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Master's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
• Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and cloud-based services.
• Experience writing software for the cloud (GCP, AWS, Azure).
• Experience in databases, analytics, big data systems or business intelligence products.
• Experience building high-performance, highly available and scalable distributed systems.
• Experience developing software for healthcare related industries.
Required education, experience, and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The salary range every 2 weeks is approx. $4,818-$6,987 based on a full-time position.
Hours / Pay period
Monday - Friday 8-5PM
On-Call may be required.
This vacancy may be open to full time telework candidates within the U.S./ reasonable travel to a Mayo facility if ever a business need/ meeting or client-facing. Mayo Clinic has facilities in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Arizona, and Florida.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.