The Business IT Change Manager is reporting to the Manager Business Development & Compliance. The position will be responsible for the identification, development and implementation of automated systems and processes that supports QDF business initiatives. As the key driver of QDF’s IS (Information System) resources, the role will be pivotal in ensuring that management IT/IS needs are met. Act as advisor and coach to maximise effective use of technical resources. This person will ensure timely support to minimise downtime due to systems and equipment failure, whilst maximising the use of available technical resource from within the Qatar Group network and beyond.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Apply a structured methodology and lead IT change management activities, set up service level agreements with key IT/IS functions that supports prompt resolution of service-related issues and development and implementation of new systems and upgrades.
- Conduct impact analysis, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders, hold people accountable to ensure effective delegation, monitoring and delivery of IT projects and IT related activities for business improvement.
- Develop and implement an IS project plan that supports the QDF strategy. Identify and recommend service enhancements and / or cost saving efficiencies.
- Work with IT project managers for assigned projects, responsible for core QDF IT systems/modules for business rules administration, user’s access and monitoring, agreeing shared accountabilities, thus ensuring effective project planning and monitoring, liaise effectively with HOD and other QDF staff to ensure business and user needs are identified and incorporated into IT-initiatives.
- Ensure UAT (User Acceptance Testing) is completed, signed off, training and implementation phases of projects to ensure on-time and efficient delivery with minimum disruption to the business.
- Provide regular feedback to IT teams on the functional non conformities or issues related to business system usage, plan with IT teams on resolution of the concerns for improvements.
- Keep updated of latest and future technical developments that may deliver competitive advantage and / or improve core business activities.
- In conjunction with QR technical departments, undertake a number of administrative activities to ensure QDF operates within industry and corporate legal and operating protocols.
- Be responsible for core QDF IT systems/modules for business rules administration, user access and regular monitoring of control transactions.
- In conjunction with department champions, ensure correct usage of systems and implementation of agreed/defined processes, including process audits.
- Responsible for documenting the requirements for system enhancement/developments to meet QDF business unit’s requirements such as the regulations, improved controls, efficiency, support growth, to standardise process.
- Work closely with QR IT entities, external contractors and service providers to ensure QDF business requirements get translated into system functionalities.
- Prepare and execute test plans to validate all new software development and enhancements, drawing on available resources to ensure involvement and collaboration of other IT entities.
- Ensure regression test packs in place for critical systems, to ensure core functions are always tested and confirmed prior to any system upgrades.
- Preparation of right quality documentation for ease of quality assurance, testing, operation and support.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community. Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge.
Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor's level or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience
- Systems integration experience across a diverse range of skills and disciplines (preferred)
- Effectively managed IS / IT within a commercial business environment (preferred)
- Command of English language
- Broad Knowledge of Retail Domain
- Super user level knowledge & experience of Retail systems
- Excellent Computing/IT/interpersonal and organisational skills with ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical QR Staff at all levels
- A pragmatic hands-on, customer-focused ideas person
- Ability to work independently and contribute positively as a team member when required
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination.
Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.