At Medtronic, we value what makes you unique. Be part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress, and deliver meaningful innovations.
At our Research & Development Department in Medtronic, plc, we focus on the development of cutting-edge medical devices in the Cardiac and Vascular space. Our Engineers are directly involved in the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures.
The Structural Heart & Aortic Division has a unique opportunity for the right candidate to kick off their career and develop within one of the fastest growing businesses in medical devices. Innovating at the forefront of interventional treatment, you will gain exposure to the development of groundbreaking technologies, be part of multidisciplinary teams tasked with delivering the future of transcatheter heart valve devices, with project exposure from concept through to commercialization, and beyond.
Come for a job, stay for a career!
A Day in The Life Of:
With no two days the same, as an R&D engineer within the team you can look forward to an exciting career and being proud to be part of teams that strive for success in the pursuit of our mission, to alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life. Some of the aspects you can look forward to are as follows
• You will contribute to developing products for use in medical procedures as defined / required by the business needs of the company.
• You will be responsible for establishing the most effective, reliable, and cost-effective processing methods for manufacturing operation.
• You will provide technical support to product and process development and on field related activities such as clinical programs and complaint investigations.
• You will be leading multidiscipline teams in planning and implementing the introduction of new products, in line with marketing plans and undertaking specific projects as designated in support of the business activities of Medtronic.
• You will support the introduction / implementation of product / process / materials changes to the manufacturing operation.
• You will participate in sourcing, testing, and approving materials.
• You will monitor and evaluate safety practices and ensure compliance with legislation and understand and operate to departmental and company quality procedures.
• You will effectively represent Medtronic Vascular externally with our customers.
• You will document design / development / test activities as required in Engineering Laboratory notebooks.
• You will design, develop, analyze, troubleshoot, and provide technical skills during research and / or product development.
• You will design studies to investigate specific life science questions within field of expertise.
• You may be involved in product research and development and / or clinical trials.
• You will translate research discoveries into usable and marketable products.
Key Skills & Experience
• We are looking for a qualified person with a minimum of Degree level 8 in Engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with 0 years of experience.
• Medical device technology experience, ideally in interventional vascular devices would be advantageous.
• We are looking for individuals with experience in biomedical materials, processing knowledge and medical device design procedures. We are looking for individuals with a proven track record in innovative design, product development and manufacturing.
• We are looking for a dynamic team player who can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
• We are looking for strong interpersonal, leadership and t\eam skills.
• We are looking for a good communicator and fluency in English, both in writing and speaking.